SCI 9 Readings
Recommended Readings for SCI 9
- Emerging Genres in Scholarly Communication (full report and executive summary from SCI 8)
- Eric Hand. “Word Play.” Nature, June 23, 2011.
- Jennifer Howard, University Presses Are Urged to Work Together to Survive. Chronicle of Higher Education. March 7, 2011.
- Jennifer Howard, Taking a Closer Look at Open Peer Review. Chronicle of Higher Education. April 11, 2011.
- Bethany Nowviskie et al, #Alt-Academy: Alternative Academic Careers for Humanities Scholars (24 essays by 33 contributors, in 6 edited “clusters” at MediaCommons.)
- Bernd Pulverer. “Transparency Showcases Strength of Peer Review.” Nature, November 4, 2010.
- Sustaining Scholarly Publishing: New Business Models for University Presses. Association of American University Presses. March 2011. Commentable version available from MediaCommons.
- ACLS, Announcing New Program: ACLS Public Fellows. 2011.
- Tushar Rae, Scholarly Group to Place Humanities Ph.D.’s in Jobs Outside Academe. Chronicle of Higher Education. April 4, 2011.
- Collaborators’ Bill of Rights, “Off the Tracks” workshop. University of Maryland, College Park. 21 January 2011.
Outcomes from Previous Institutes
SCI 4: Architectural History
SCI 5: Networking Visual Culture
SCI 6: Humanities Research Centers
SCI 7: Spatial Technologies and Methodologies